Band Fundraising Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Why are we having a fundraiser? [+]Throughout the year the Houston County Band will conduct various fund-raising activities to help cover the expenses associated with student fees and general band operations. Fund-raisers may include sales of onions, fruit, coke products, pretzels, or other products.
- 2. What are the funds used for? [+]Funds raised by the students are either applied to the individual student accounts to offset their annual band fees, or added to the Band Booster general fund to support purchase of new equipment and band operations (such as transportation and uniform cleaning). The specific plan for funds application will vary between each fund-raising activity.
- 3. How do we get information about fundraising events? [+]All fundraisers are discussed in detail during monthly Band Booster meetings. Information is also provided to the students at school, through e-mail, and through posts on the Black and Silver Brigade Facebook page.
- 4. When are the orders dues? [+]Order due dates for each fund-raising activity will be clearly indicated on the associated order form.
- 5. Can I get a little more time to sell or turn forms in? [+]
Unfortunately, in order to meet vendor supply deadlines, we are not able to extend additional time to students for late turn-in of order forms.
- 6. How many pieces of fruit / onions are in a bag? How large are the fruit / onions? [+]
All produce is ordered and received based on weight, not size or number. We cannot accurately predict how many individual pieces will be in a ten-pound bag. The suppliers arrange to harvest and ship orders to the band on a schedule that provides the freshest produce possible.
- 7. When do we pick up our stuff? [+]Order pick up dates will be clearly indicated on the associated order form. If applicable, order pick-up times and locations will also be announced through e-mail from the Band Boosters.
- 8. Do we really have to pick it up then? [+]Yes, it is your responsibility to collect your orders on the designated date / time. The band is unable to store excess or left-over inventory for late pick up. Timely and complete distribution of produce is necessary to avoid spoilage and waste.
- 9. Who delivers the stuff to the customers? [+]It is your student’s responsibility to delivery orders (onions, fruit, coke products, etc.) to their customers.
- 10. What if I don’t want to sell anything? [+]Although these fund-raisers offer and excellent way to help reduce your overall cost of band participation, we realize that not everyone wants to, or has the time, to sell things. Participation is NOT mandatory. If you don’t want to sell, but still want to support the Black and Silver Brigade, you are always welcome to make donations to the Band Booster Association. We welcome and appreciate your support!
Click here to view page as pdf suitable for printing.